About Me

My photo
I've been attending school for 18 consecutive years, and as of now, I am a super SUPER senior at UTK -- Go VOLs! My major is in Mathematics and my minor is in Secondary Education. Thus, I aspire to be a high school math teacher. *I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to teach Calculus*... Now let's go and make some dreams come true!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

How The Tides Have Turned: Evaluating A Website Evaluation Site

After looking at several websites in the Google Directory, I stumbled upon this great evaluation site that was not only extremely informative, but it's what I consider an "easy" read.  This website is more geared towards the older crowd such as the middle school or high school students.  In particular, this website especially serves as a great foundation for 'beginner' researchers who have just started to dive into the world of writing a significantly long and in-depth research paper.

The website gives great details on how one can make sure that the online resources chosen are reliable.  What grabbed my attention right away was the first few paragraphs that described how we all should think when it comes to pre-evaluation of a source -- It brought up things that I honestly think never crossed my mind.  This skill eventually leads to screening sources much more quickly.  If I would ever need my math students to do any sort of research, I would definitely have them read through this awesome site (Frankly, I find that most of the evaluation sites on the Google Directory are extremely helpful for my age-range group of kids:)

No comments:

Post a Comment