About Me

My photo
I've been attending school for 18 consecutive years, and as of now, I am a super SUPER senior at UTK -- Go VOLs! My major is in Mathematics and my minor is in Secondary Education. Thus, I aspire to be a high school math teacher. *I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to teach Calculus*... Now let's go and make some dreams come true!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Math Spreadsheet

I recently created an excel spreadsheet where students would enter the root(s) of polynomials.  As many projects as I have done with Excel, this is definitely the first time I've used the program in a way that I can actually use in my math classroom.  To be honest, this is possibly my favorite project thus far for 2 reasons:  Excel is the first program to allow math students the freedom of entering in actual mathematical expressions, and I really think this would be a great idea to integrate into my classroom.  By the completion of my project, I felt that it did not only have an aesthetic quality, but it looks like it would be more fun for students to figure out solutions through my polynomial spreadsheet.  All in all, I give a two thumbs up to the TPTE 486 project.   Below is a screenshot of my excel spreadsheet -- I'm quite proud of it:)



1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked it. You did an incredible job with this! This is awesome! The content makes my brain hurt, but a great job!

    ReplyDelete