About Me

My photo
I've been attending school for 18 consecutive years, and as of now, I am a super SUPER senior at UTK -- Go VOLs! My major is in Mathematics and my minor is in Secondary Education. Thus, I aspire to be a high school math teacher. *I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to teach Calculus*... Now let's go and make some dreams come true!

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Web 2.0

Last week I learned about Prezi and Picnic.  Prezi was pretty impressive because it's way more entertaining to learn from these Prezi creation rather than from your usual powerpoint presentation.  This is because Prezi is set up to handle many animations and it seems to transition smoothly, making the presentation seem more like a movie and less like the ones our teachers continue to teach with (powerpoint).  However, I do not see myself using this tool for my Math students.  As for Picnic, I feel like it's the closest free editing program that we can use to edit our pictures without having to spend all of my money on PhotoShop.  Although this website was fun to use, this is another web 2.0 tool that I don't think I'll be using for my High School Math students.

Tomorrow, Billy and I will be presenting our wiki on Smilebox.  I discovered how to put my creation on a blog, so here goes!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
This picture slideshow personalized with Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment